Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Top 15 Preface

Hello, and welcome to SquishingMachine's Top 15 rankings. I spend agonizing hours every week thinking these lists up, revising them, and re-revising them. Now you can reap the juicy fruits of my labors.

A Top 15 list is a little more interesting to me than just a Top 10. Often the five fighters topping the lists of their respective weight classes are pretty indisputable. So, to make it more compelling, I've taken it upon myself to discuss those fighters making noise just out of the limelight.

These rankings are developed based on fights I have seen myself, cross-referenced with Top 10 lists from Sherdog.com and MMAWeekly.com. The cross-referencing is necessary because, as I've mentioned before, certain organizations are unfamiliar to me. The only way I can see to resolve this issue is by weighing the opinions of others against my own.

Talent and potential don't hold a lot of water in these rankings. Emphasis is placed both on who a fighter has wins over and losses to, and how they won or lost. The latter criteria obviously makes this list pretty subjective. Recent fights - about one to three years old - are more significant than older fights.

No comments: